- Rocking Horse Kit (No. KR56M)
- Rocking Horse (Plan No. 56)
Rocking Horse Kit (No. KB56P)
An Old Favorite!
One of the original "trace, cut and assemble" do-it-yourself projects created by U-Bild founder Steve Ellingson in the late 1940s, this little rocking horse is nicknamed "Slivers." His unique design, made up of just 17 pieces traced from full-size patterns, was inspired by Mrs. Ellingson's sewing patterns. Patterns made it simple for any woodworkereven beginnersto get great results. Since then, "Slivers" has become an heirloom in countless families.
Grown, Cut and Made in the USA
Now "Slivers" is available as a kit, making it possible to build this classic for well under $100. The kit includes 13 board feet of hand-selected pine (cut to size as shown), along with dowels and a U-Bild plan to show you how to put it all together.
The rocking horse measures 32 inches long by 26 inches tall by 12 inches wide. Designed with safety in mind, it features rounded edges and a limited rocking motion that makes it difficult to tip.
- 16.32 board feet of first-quality, hand-selected pine, cut to size
- Easy-to-follow U-Bild plan
About U-Do Kits
- 1 Blue (Beginner) Kits
- All major functions are completed and basic tasks such
as sanding, fastening and finishing are all that are needed.
Great for entry-level woodworkers.
- Kit Contains - U-Bild plan, all wood which will include: First-quality, hand-selected hardwood, plywood, dowels, luan, other wood as specified on kit label. Lumber has been ripped, planed and dimensioned and cut to the parts in the plan. Some minor cutting may still be required.
- Novice Level - You will use skills such as cutting, fitting and finishing. All functions can be completed with normal everyday hand tools and limited woodworking knowledge.
- Recommended Tools - Although all kits do not require all tools, Blue Kit builders should have the availability of an assortment of carpenter hand tools. Power tools are not needed but items such as a powered hand sander, drill or brad gun would be found useful.
- Accessories - Fasteners, glue, hinges and other hardware ARE NOT INCLUDED in the base kit.
- All major functions are completed and basic tasks such as sanding, fastening and finishing are all that are needed. Great for entry-level woodworkers.
Home of America's Favorite Woodworking Plans, Projects and Patterns.