Tennis Ball Trebuchet Kit (No. K30256)
Trebuchets (treb-yoo-SHET) were once used by warriors to knock down or to hurl projectiles over castle walls. U-Dos scale model of a medieval trebuchet will launch a tennis ball up to 200 ft.
Grown, Cut and Made in the USA
The Tennis Ball Trebuchet has a weight suspended from one end of a long arm. The other end of the arm is connected to a sling. Pull the trigger and gravity causes the arm to pull the sling down a plastic chute and up into the sky. To get the maximum distance, the sling must release at the proper point of the throwing arc. This model is designed to use two two-liter water or soda bottles placed on their side and filled with wet sand for the weight. We include an earth-friendly bag to keep the bottles in place.
The kit contains everything (lumber, hardware, etc.) you need to complete the project minus the glue, two-liter bottles and tennis ball. All parts are cut to size and ready to assemble. The arm and axles are made of high-quality oak and the support structure is made from 2x2 pine lumber.
The frame measures approximately 30 in. by 40 in. x 30 in. tall (not including the 46-in.-long arm).
Shipping weight: 22 lbs.
About U-Do Kits
- 1 Blue (Beginner) Kits
- All major functions are completed and basic tasks such
as sanding, fastening and finishing are all that are needed.
Great for entry-level woodworkers.
- Kit Contains - U-Bild plan, all wood which will include: First-quality, hand-selected Pennsylvania hardwood, plywood, dowels, luan, other wood as specified on kit label. Lumber has been ripped, planed and dimensioned and cut to the parts in the plan. Some minor cutting may still be required.
- Novice Level - You will use skills such as cutting, fitting and finishing. All functions can be completed with normal everyday hand tools and limited woodworking knowledge.
- Recommended Tools - Although all kits do not require all tools, Blue Kit builders should have the availability of an assortment of carpenter hand tools. Power tools are not needed but items such as a powered hand sander, drill or brad gun would be found useful.
- All major functions are completed and basic tasks such as sanding, fastening and finishing are all that are needed. Great for entry-level woodworkers.
Home of America's Favorite Woodworking Plans, Projects and Patterns.